Chair massage is a unique and time effective massage treatment solution that is provided while a client remains clothed in a specifically designed ergonomic chair.
The focus of treatment is on key tension areas in the back, neck, shoulders, arms, hands and head. The goal is a state of “light relaxation” and a boost to mental alertness post treatment in order to enhance productivity.
Chair massage is available as an alternative to traditional table massage in our Kanata clinic location.
Benefits of Chair Massage vs. Table Massage
- Chair massage is less intimidating versus traditional table massage as no disrobing is required.
- No messy oils are used, limiting post treatment clean-up.
- Treatments are of a shorter duration versus traditional massage.
Workplace, Event or Corporate Chair Massage
- Stress is costing your business money – Statistics Canada (2010) estimates that $16 billion is lost annually to Canadian businesses due to stress-related disorders.
- Stress is affecting your employees – According to an Accountemps Study (2017), 58% of Canadian employees experience a great deal of stress at work.
- 3 days/year – According to the Conference Board of Canada, this is the number of days a full-time worker is absent due to stress.
By adopting a chair massage program for employees, companies not only benefit their workers, but also their bottom line. Research indicates that office workers receiving regular massage tend to be more alert, perform better with math computations and feel less stressed (International Journal of Neuroscience, 1996).
How to Get Started
- Contact our Kanata clinic location for an initial consultation to determine the chair massage needs of your organization.
- Assign a contact person to assist with setting up a schedule, promoting the chair massage program and signing up employees.
- Provide a space in a meeting room, spare office or similar.
- Encourage employees to use the chair massage program through announcement.